NEW! SKINPEN® PRECISION
30 Mins | Series of 3 Recommended
SkinPen® Precision by Crown Aesthetics is the first FDA-cleared device clinically proven to improve the appearance of wrinkles of the neck and facial acne scars for people aged 22 and above. Can any other microneedling device make a similar claim? In a word, no.
SkinPen Precision is the first FDA-cleared microneedling device approved for use on the face and an area of the body.
Due to their non-invasive nature, microneedling sessions usually take about 30 mins and require little downtime for patients. Not recommended for those with active or inflamed acne.
Please visit our Microneedle FAQ page to learn if this treatment is right for you prior to scheduling.
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling creates thousands of microchannels that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. This rejuvenates your skin from the inside out. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
THERE ARE THREE STEPS TO THE WOUND-REPAIR PROCESS:
Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to cleanse the wound, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
Best of all, SkinPen works. Ninety percent of subjects in the clinical trial would recommend the procedure to family and friends.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH MICRONEEDLING?
Medical Microneedling is proven to improve many aspects of the skin including, but not limited to:
• Mild to moderate acne scarring
• Fine lines & wrinkles
• Neck lines
• Loose & lax skin
• Poor skin texture
• Enlarged pore size
• Stretch marks
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling is performed mainly on the face, but can also be used on the neck & decollete, arms, abdomen, thighs, and buttocks.
• Microneedling stimulates the body's collagen production, strengthening the structure of the skin.
• Microneedling doesn't burn your skin (like IPL/laser), dissolve it (like a chemical peel), or abrade it (like dermabrasion). It can be used to treat sensitive and fragile areas that are difficult to treat with other procedures, including around the eyes, the neck, and back of the hands.
• Unlike other treatments such as IPL, laser, and select chemical peel, microneedling is universally effective on all skin colors and types.
• Microneedling dramatically increases the effectiveness of active ingredients in your topical skincare!
HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR TREATMENT
• Discontinue use of blood thinning over-the-counter medications, such as aspirin or ibuprofen-based medications, Omega-3, Vitamin E, Garlic, St. John's Wort, Ginkgo Biloba seven days prior to treatment. Check with your doctor before discontinuing prescribed medications such as aspirin or an anticoagulant for a cardiovascular condition.
• Two weeks prior to your treatment, avoid waxing or chemical depilatories in the area to be treated.
• For a minimum of one week prior to your treatment, avoid excessive sun exposure or use of tanning beds.
• One week prior to your treatment, avoid using topical products containing active ingredients such as retinol, AHA's (e.g. glycolic, lactic, salicylic acid) or acidic ingredients.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR MICRONEEDLE
An anesthetic will be applied to minimize discomfort during your treatment. Following that, your skin will be thoroughly cleansed and the SkinPen® Microneedle device will be used across the area of treatment. During the treatment, your skin may feel warm and tight, but it should not be painful.
Your Master Aesthetician may apply a topical serum, which soaks directly into the skin through the mico-permeations created by the microneedle device. Serums applied during your procedure have increased benefits, and stimulate a variety of healing and rejuvenating processes. After the treatment, the skin is cleansed and a soothing post-treatment cream is used to hydrate, heal, and protect the skin.
WHAT TO ANTICIPATE FOLLOWING YOUR SERVICE
You will likely experience redness and mild swelling similar to a slight sunburn immediately after treatment, which can last from a few hours to a day or so depending on the depth of treatment. It is normal to expect minor pinpoint bleeding during your treatment, but this should dissipate fairly quickly. For deeper treatments, you can expect the skin to feel dry and itchy, with minor flaking for a few days. Though it is rare, some may experience minor breakouts after their treatment. This is due to the release of toxins and old collagen fibers from below the surface of the skin, which is good.
We advise our guests not to touch the skin for a few hours. Should you choose to use makeup, we recommend Jane Iredale Skincare Makeup, safe to use post-microneedle. You will be sent home with a sample cleanser and hyaluronic acid to care for your skin after your procedure.
Avoid the following after your service:
• Retinol, AHA's (e.g. glycolic, lactic, salicylic) acidic or active ingredients should not be used for 2-3 days after treatment
• Avoid makeup for 24 hours as the skin will absorb the chemicals in the make-up. Jane Iredale Skincare Makeup is okay to use following your treatment.
• Avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours following your appointment. A minimum of SPF 20 should be worn daily for the first few weeks after treatment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
The number of treatments needed is entirely dependent on your skin individually, and what results you wish to achieve. For fine lines and wrinkles, we recommend at minimum of three treatments. For treatment of scars or stretch marks, it can take up to six treatments. Deeper lines and wrinkles may also need up to six treatments.
IS MICRONEEDLING FOR ME?
Medical Microneedling can be safely performed on all skin types and skin colors. Medical Microneedling is also suited for those with sensitive skin, because it will strengthen the skin and thus reduce sensitivity.
You are not a candidate for Microneedling if you:
• Have used Roaccutane (Isotretinoin) within the last six months
• Have Eczema, Psoriasis, active Acne, Rosacea, or other chronic skin conditions in the area to be treated.
• Desiring treatment for scarring that is less than six months old
• Have had facial Botox or fillers injected within the last six weeks
• Have had a chemical peel within the last previous two weeks
• Have open wounds, cuts abrasions, sunburn, or active skin infection on or around the area to be treated
• Have had radiation treatment to the skin on or around the area to be treated within the last year
• Are prone to Herpes Simplex or Zoster infections as treatment can trigger breakouts
• Are pregnant or breastfeeding
• Have raised moles, warts, or lesions within the area of treatment
• Have any history of keloid or hypertrophic scars, or are prone to poor wound healing
• Have a history of Scleroderma, or Collagen Vascular Disease
• Have a history of Immunosuppression
IS THIS PROCEDURE SAFE?
Medical Microneedling is an incredibly safe treatment. If you take any medications that thin your blood such as aspirin, clopidogrel, or warfarin, you may have a higher risk of bruising from the procedure.
At Isella Aesthetics, we can offer a safer treatment experience due to the exemplary engineering of the SkinPen® Microneedle device.
It’s safe. SkinPen has several safety features:
An exhaust port prevents suction and reduces the risk of broken capillaries.
Sterile, disposable needle cartridges reduce the risk of infection.
Bio Sleeve technology eliminates cross-contamination by preventing fluids from leaking beyond the micro-needle cartridge.
There’s minimal risk of scarring and infections. Because SkinPen doesn’t remove or damage the epidermis and doesn’t trigger the inflammatory pathway, infections and scarring are unlikely.
It works on all skin types and colors. Because SkinPen doesn’t cause bleaching or hyperpigmentation, it can be used on all skin types, including darker skin that is more susceptible to hyperpigmentation.
It can be used on most body parts. Variable needle depths allow SkinPen to be safely used on most body parts.